8 Significantly Important Facts About India That Changed the World
India is going to celebrate its 66th republic day, its a proud moment for the nation and their countrymen. This 66th Republic Day celebration will have remarkable change, a change this nation has been thriving for, a full cadre of women officers will be part of marching contingent showcasing ‘Nari Shakti’.
This is a start and we will see more, for the time being lets take a pause and see 8 ideas from India that change the world.
- Algebra, Trigonometry and Calculus also originated in India.Quadratic Equations were used by Sridharacharya in the 11th century. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10*53 (i.e. 10 to the power of 53) with specific names as early as 5000 B.C.during the Vedic period.Even today, the largest used number is Terra: 10*12(10 to the power of 12).
- The ‘Place Value System’ and the ‘Decimal System’ were developed in India in 100 B.C.
- The world’s first university was established in Takshila in 700 BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
- Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to mankind. The Father of Medicine, Charaka, consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago
- The value of “pi” was first calculated by the Indian Mathematician Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century, long before the European mathematicians.
- Sushruta is regarded as the Father of Surgery. Over 2600 years ago Sushrata & his team conducted complicated surgeries like cataract, artificial limbs, cesareans, fractures, urinary stones, plastic surgery and brain surgeries.
- Martial Arts were first created in India, and later spread to Asia by Buddhist missionaries.
- Usage of anaesthesia was well known in ancient Indian medicine. Detailed knowledge of anatomy, embryology, digestion, metabolism,physiology, etiology, genetics and immunity is also found in many ancient Indian texts.
#DidYouKnow: The design of Current National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 22 July 1947.