Delhi Assembly Elections Tomorrow, Read Some Amazing Stats
Delhi is going to elect a new government tomorrow, after massive campaign from all political parties its turned out to be a historic one. Who’s in who from all political parties have campaigned and will anxiously wait for the results now.
This elections was certainly unique because level of active participation from all sections of society. The main battle is between BJP, AAP and Congress, rest have very small presence.
Stats published by Election Commission has an outstanding story, nearly 1.3 Cr people are electorals, 45% are female voters and almost 2% comprise of voters between 18-19 years age, first time voters.
- Total 673 candidates are in fray, nomination of 230 candidates were cancelled
- Representation from women is almost of 10%, slight increases from previous elections of 2013 (9%) and 2008 (95)
- 30% of the candidates are contesting as Independent
- Vikas Puri is the largest and Chandani Chowk is the smallest constituency
- Almost 66,000 police personnel will be deployed in and around 12,000 polling stations
- Rs. 33.2 million Average Assets of Candidates, 230 (34%) are Crorepati